Several years ago I took an entertainment law class at NYU with an instructor who had worked a great deal in the music industry. At that time, around 2004, he proclaimed the music industry as we knew it, to be dead, and so he had turned his efforts to film and film scoring to try to make up for the lost income. But what were the many recording artists who had spent a lifetime amassing their bodies of work supposed to do in an industry that seemed to have eyes only on American Idol? The clever ones learned to reinvent themselves. Read more
Posts Tagged ‘CDs’
- BBC News - All-male White House health bill photo sparks anger bbc.com/news/world-us-… Do we get it yet? No seat at the table?<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script> 23 hours ago
- @cammipham Portland!<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script> 5 days ago
- Thank you! twitter.com/NaturePhotoTip…<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script> 5 days ago
- Can You Blend in Anywhere? Or Are You Always the Same You? nymag.com/scienceofus/20… via @thescienceofus<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script> 6 days ago
- 27-year-old Becomes First Woman to Visit Every Country in the World travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/cas… via @TravelLeisure Time well spent!<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script> 6 days ago
What We’re Talking About
- Why Turtles Fascinate Us
- Take me for a ride in you car, car (Artists on the Road)
- Sinking in Healthcare Quicksand – What’s Really Going On?
- You Can’t Silence Creativity—Art Matters
- Beyond Word Processing–Why You Need Writing Software!
- Be a Minion to Your Art
- Herbie Hancock Shares His Views on Creativity
- 5-Minute Writer’s Workshop #4 – Writing from Prompts
- 5-Minute Writer’s Workshop #3 – Creative Descriptions
- 5-Minute Writer’s Workshop #2 – Introducing Color Into Your Writing
Pick Your Topic
© Arts Enclave, 2013.Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Linda J. Peckel and Arts Enclave with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Rights to all photos are exclusively owned by Linda J. Peckel, unless credit is given otherwise. Reuse of photos must include photo credit to Linda J. Peckel in the caption.